Sunday, April 09, 2006

Belle Italia

Posted by Nithin Coca

Internet Access is hella expensive in Italy. Seriously. In Lucca, I paid 4 euros for 15 minutes of internet. So, even though this website means a lot to me, I wasn't about to pay an extra 4 euros to post an update.

But it has been one interesting and exciting week. I've gone from one side of Italia to the center of Slovenia, from Central Europe to Cinque Terre, Venice to the mountains. Through rain and shine, I've perisisted. And now, I'm back in Florence, reflecting on Italy and what it was.

But who cares about that? I know what you want...photos! And voila, here you are!







Crazy Italians and their graffiti, which, by the way, is EVERYWHERE.












Venice was like a romantic, picturesque Disneyland, full of tourists all with maps in hand, walking from ride to ride, overpriced restaurants and stands everywhere touting souvenirs. This was the "Gondola" ride, which cost $62 (too much for a budget traveler.








A few more days in Italy, and then, I'm off to Spain on the 12th, via night train, to Barcelona. Then officially begins portion one, as the next 2 months will be spend on the Iberian peninsula, with a dip or two into Morocco. Expect more updates and such! And, of course, everyone is free to email me at excinit{at}gmail.com.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home