Thursday, April 13, 2006

Barcelona Redux

Posted By Nithin Coca

It was almost 3 1/2 years ago that I first stepped foot into this small, not entirely Spanish corner of Spain, Barcelona. I remember the day vividly - our train arrived in the evening, and our hostel was far away from the city center in a shady neighborhood. The only eatery we could find, a Tapas bar, was run by a mean middle aged man who apparantly didn´t speak English, French, or Spanish, claiming he only knew Cátalan. Oooo, see how I made the á! Yay for español keyboards!

The next day was possibly the most hectic day of my life. We got up at 9AM, saw all the famous sites of Barcelona, ate 3 meals, then went out till 5AM. We had no place booked that night, so at 5AM we tried sleeping on the beach, the metro, and a hostel (different one) sofa. Each place kicked us out. Then the day only got weirder.

So today, I was back in Barcelona, the first city on this trip around the world that I have visited before. And possibly the only, with the exception of Paris on Bastille Day, and Bangkok, the only re-visit of my journey around the world. Today was much more relaxed, since I´d seen more of the sights, I only tried to see everything in a new light. I spent a few hours at the Sagrada Familia, walked around the Barri Gothic, chilled on the Ramblas. Its 10:14PM right now, so ít´ll be a few more hours until the night life starts to pick up.

2 1/2 more months on the Iberian peninsula. Adios!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home