Wednesday, May 24, 2006

It´s been a while old friends...

So it has been a while since I have posted. Well sadly we don´t have too many crazy party stories (at least not any worthy of posting). We have mostly been doing cultural stuff. The other day I decided to walk the whole city and walk into any bar I saw. I talked to many intersting bartenders (it was a sunday and every time I was the only one in the bar). I talked to Arabic woman who told me all about the old town (Which was all built by the Muslim Moors), talked to some other native Granadians who showed me different places to go and see, and also to a DJ who gave me an enormous list of music to download so I could throw decent ¨Spanish parties¨ When I get back to the states. The hospitality of these people is amazing and my Spanish has improved greatly. (I had to talk to all these people in Spanish).

After talking with enough people you can find a free,cool, cultural event every night of the week. Sunday - Free Tapas tour, Monday - Free Spainish dancing lessons, Tuesday - Table discussons, and debating different topics (last night was Religion and Reason). Sure, knowing the local language is helpful but we also found Irish pubs that have quiz nights, and other events in English. With a little searching, and walking around this trip has already been more enlighting and enjoyable than Mine and Nithin´s previous trip to Dublin two years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home