Thursday, May 04, 2006

Porto and Port

So the main reason we don´t photos yet is because I have yet to find free wireless internet (though we have hardly looked) and all my photos are on my laptop, so without that... no photos!

Currently we are in Porto, Portugal so I can make crazy characters like ç º ª But we can communicate pretty easily, most people speak English, our lady at the hotel speaks Spanish and the guy from this internet cafe spoke french .... ahh I feel so cultured. We are planning on doing something ridiculous like see 8 cities in 11 days or something so I think I will very little access to the Internet. Last night we had an amazing time drinking different port wines (if you can call it that, 20% alcohol, whewww). But the owner of the port bar we went to was soooooo kind and told us all about Portugal and port wine and everyone he has met for like 3 hours, plus us and these two Swedish people next to us were the only ones there. But its strange to go home at midnight instead of very late in Spain when they don´t even finish dinner until midnight.

Their is very little communication between Spain and Portugal, only one or two buses and/or trains run between Salamanca, Spain and Portugal every day, nothing is posted in Spanish, only French, English and Portuguese, sometimes German; but the guy from the port wine bar said he loved the Spanish. Where else in the world can you go to a bar at 1 am and two 70 year old women sitting down drinking a beer? ´´The Spanish just love living life´´ he said. He was very very kind to us and full of insight. (We also gave him the website address, so if Gustav is reading this, hello from Nithin, Ryan, and Aaron).

Okay, more later... and I realized Nithin nor I have posted about our birthday so I´ll try to do that soon as well... too much to do, whew.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home